Our community has been through a lot over the last couple of months. The global coronavirus pandemic is affecting all of our families, businesses, and our lives. On behalf of my family and dedicated office team I want to reassure you that we are here for you. I have been treating dental emergencies and one thing that remained the same is our commitment to your safety and the safety of our employees.
Infection control has always been a priority to our practice as you may have seen during your visits to our offices. Our infection control procedures are strictly followed so that our patients feel safe and comfortable. We would like to inform our patients about some extra precautionary measures that we have adopted in order to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date with any new rules or guidelines that may be issued.
- You will be asked to complete a short paperless COVID-19 related questionnaire before your appointment.
- Installation of air purifier filtration units in operatories.
- Team members will wear extra personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Waiting room has been reconfigured to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Only one caregiver is allowed to join appointments for patients that need one, otherwise no other friends, spouses or family members are allowed to stay for an appointment.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the waiting area to sanitize your hands upon arrival.
- Your temperature will be checked with a contactless forehead thermometer.
- Patients are required to wear a face covering when you come to the office that covers both nose and mouth. You can remove your face covering once seated in a patient room.
While this is a process we will continually be improving upon, we have put a lot of effort into ensuring the safety of our patients and team. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and our team members safe in our practice.